Saturday, October 25, 2014

THERE ARE STILL BOOK SHOPS


Week before last I was traveling, and this past week was tech week for a theatre show that I’m producing, so didn’t get around to publishing anything here. At least I survived.  My apologies to anyone who has been searching for their photo and not finding anything.

It’s good to know that the Seattle metro area still has a few real bookshops, one of which I usually pass by on my way to and from my job at the university. I stopped by the book shop on a gorgeous October afternoon, the sort of early fall day when the sky is bright blue and the trees are just starting to take on yellows and reds.

This was my third time out taking photos, and it went a lot more smoothly than before. I had everything organized in advance, and was getting better at approaching people. I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone in the bookstore was. They all seemed relaxed and happy, so there must be something magical in those books!


It was a perfect day to sit outside in shorts and sandals.
No fragrance reported.


A lot of people wear name tags at work. That doesn't keep them from looking great!
No fragrance reported.


Everyone in the bookstore looks casual, comfortable and happy.
No fragrance reported.


James E opted for shorts and sandals on this warm October day. 
No fragrance reported.


Simply dressed in black t-shirt and jeans, reading a recommended book, Pie School by Kate Lebo (@mizkatelebo on Twitter).  
No fragrance reported. 


A bright sweater-tunic to go with the fall colors. 
Wearing aromatherapy scent Doterra - Intune


Carolyn in basic black-brown accented with silver jewelry. 
Wearing scented lotion, unnamed.


A pink scarf balances all that blue. 
No fragrance reported.


Nicely accessorized jeans and leather combo.
Wearing Axe, unsure of scent. 


The blue bag goes perfectly with the gray combo. 
Wearing Chanel Gardenia.


Left: Anastasia (Annie) C wearing her cool beanie; Right: showing off what she calls her "baby monkey head", the result of radiation therapy 6 years ago for an intracranial tumor. The good news - she's cured!

And that's it, folks. Many thanks to everyone who agreed to be photographed for this post. The thing I'm starting to love about this blog is that I get to meet and talk to so many interesting people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment